Employment Opportunities at Northstar Industries
Northstar Industries, LLC (Northstar) offers unique turnkey natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) solutions, housing both engineering & design and manufacturing in one facility while offering full construction management and field services. Northstar strives to work as a partner with our clients to provide safe, reliable and cost-effective products and value-added professional services while providing a secure, challenging and rewarding workplace for our employees. Workplace culture plays a key role in the successes of the company and Northstar seeks only those individuals who are self-motivated, team players, take pride in their work and hold themselves accountable.
Under the general direction of the Director of Projects, the Project Manager is primarily responsible for the overall lifecycle management efforts for turnkey engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) natural gas metering & pressure regulating station, liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility, and other natural gas pipeline facility projects. The Project Manager will also be responsible for supporting project development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other technical related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience on EPC or construction projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Must have demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, communications and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of clients, employees and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and maps.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- PMP certification.
- Operations or project execution experience in the natural gas or energy industry.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and learning.
Travel required within the U.S. as the job requires (potentially up to 25% of the time). Majority of the work sites are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Ohio Valley regions.
The Project Manager is responsible for the following:
- Provides overall project leadership to multi-discipline teams.
- Serves as the main project contact for the customer.
- Develops the Project Management Plan including scope, schedule & cost baselines and resource, communications & procurement plans preparation.
- Executes the project within the Project Management Plan.
- Monitors and controls the project taking into account scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Prepares monthly project status and forecast reports.
- Keeps all customers (internal & external) adequately informed during the course of project execution.
- Closes out the project by issuing project documentation and final invoice, and by administrating lessons learned.
- Plays a key role in the development of new business by maintaining strong customer relationships and a superior level of customer service.
- Supports business development efforts by attending pre-bid meetings, and providing project scopes of work, estimates and schedules for the preparation of proposals.
Under the general direction of the Director of Business Development, the Proposal Writer an office-based entry level position responsible for supporting company sales objectives by providing proposal writing, administrative, estimating, and sales support. This will include coordinating and driving all company responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), obtaining necessary information from internal resources, writing the proposal, and supporting estimating efforts. The position will also support the Director of Business Development and executive staff by performing administrative functions which may at times include identifying leads, cold calling, tracking activity in CRM platform, scheduling and coordinating meetings, attending tradeshows/conferences, and managing sales related documentation and information. This position has the potential to move into an outside sales role in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write in a clear, concise, and organized manner using correct grammar
- Strong interpersonal skills; can communicate effectively with various personalities
- Ability to take direction and work independently to accomplish tasks
- Ability to think independently, take initiative and anticipate needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-organized, dependable, and responsible
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Willingness to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Must be willing to interact with customers including making cold calls
- Take the lead in responding to all Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Write company proposals
- Support company estimating efforts as required
- Maintain sales records/activity in Pipedrive CRM database
- Provide administrative support to Northstar’s President, Vice Presidents and Directors for all sales activities on an as needed/on request basis. This may include scheduling meetings, planning travel, calendar management, taking on strategic sales initiatives, and making/participating in sales calls.
- Schedule sales to operations kickoff/turnover meetings.
Travel as needed to support business development efforts. Anticipated to be less than 25%. Travel within US.
Commensurate with experience. Expected range between $50,000-$65,000.
Please send resumes to Sarah Spero at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
Northstar Industries aims to continuously provide equal opportunities throughout employment, extending to the recruitment, training, and development stages of employees. Diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our everyday management and work. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background, and make best use of their capabilities. We are guided by our values in everything we do and recognize that being a diverse company helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for individuals.