Employment Opportunities at Northstar Industries
Under the general direction of the Director, Sales and Project Engineering, the Project Manager is primarily responsible to support project new client development efforts, greenfield studies, preliminary engineering design, liaison with engineering design team, address client requests for information, field oversight of lifecycle management efforts for turnkey engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of natural gas metering and pressure regulating stations, liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities, and other natural gas pipeline facility projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other technical related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience on EPC or construction projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Must have demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, communications and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of clients, employees and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and maps.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- PMP certification/training preferred but not necessary to start.
- Operations or project execution experience in the natural gas or energy industry.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and learning.
Travel required within the U.S. as the job requires (potentially up to 50% of the time). Most work sites are in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Ohio Valley regions.
Initial Work Location
It is desired that the candidate report from their home which would be within the Philadelphia area close enough to cover some existing regional projects and local sales activity.
The Project Manager is responsible for the following:
- Initiates client contact to develop commercial opportunities.
- Represents company at client meetings and tradeshows.
- Supports development of preliminary and FEED engineering studies.
- Provides overall project leadership to multi-discipline teams.
- Serves as the main project contact for the customer.
- Develops the Project Management Plan including scope, schedule, and cost baselines and resource, communications, and procurement preparation.
- Executes the project within the Project Management Plan.
- Monitors and controls the project including scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Prepares monthly project status and forecast reports.
- Keeps all customers (internal and external) adequately informed during the course of project execution.
- Closes out the project by issuing project documentation, final invoice, and by administrating lessons learned.
- Plays a key role in the development of new business by maintaining strong customer relationships and a superior level of customer service.
- Supports business development efforts by attending pre-bid meetings as well as providing project scopes of work, estimates, and schedules for the preparation of proposals.
Please send resumes to Sarah Spero at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
Northstar Industries aims to continuously provide equal opportunities throughout employment, extending to the recruitment, training, and development stages of employees. Diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our everyday management and work. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background, and make best use of their capabilities. We are guided by our values in everything we do and recognize that being a diverse company helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for individuals.