Employment Opportunities at Northstar Industries
Under the general direction of the Director of Business Development, the Proposal Writer an office-based entry level position responsible for supporting company sales objectives by providing proposal writing, administrative, estimating, and sales support. This will include coordinating and driving all company responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), obtaining necessary information from internal resources, writing the proposal, and supporting estimating efforts. The position will also support the Director of Business Development and executive staff by performing administrative functions which may at times include identifying leads, cold calling, tracking activity in CRM platform, scheduling and coordinating meetings, attending tradeshows/conferences, and managing sales related documentation and information. This position has the potential to move into an outside sales role in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write in a clear, concise, and organized manner using correct grammar
- Strong interpersonal skills; can communicate effectively with various personalities
- Ability to take direction and work independently to accomplish tasks
- Ability to think independently, take initiative and anticipate needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-organized, dependable, and responsible
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Willingness to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Must be willing to interact with customers including making cold calls
- Take the lead in responding to all Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Write company proposals
- Support company estimating efforts as required
- Maintain sales records/activity in Pipedrive CRM database
- Provide administrative support to Northstar’s President, Vice Presidents and Directors for all sales activities on an as needed/on request basis. This may include scheduling meetings, planning travel, calendar management, taking on strategic sales initiatives, and making/participating in sales calls.
- Schedule sales to operations kickoff/turnover meetings.
Travel as needed to support business development efforts. Anticipated to be less than 25%. Travel within US.
Commensurate with experience. Expected range between $50,000-$65,000.
Northstar Industries, LLC (Northstar) offers unique turnkey natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) solutions, housing both engineering & design and manufacturing in one facility while offering full construction management and field services. Northstar strives to work as a partner with our clients to provide safe, reliable and cost-effective products and value-added professional services while providing a secure, challenging and rewarding workplace for our employees. Workplace culture plays a key role in the successes of the company and Northstar seeks only those individuals who are self-motivated, team players, take pride in their work and hold themselves accountable.
Northstar is seeking a Construction Superintendent to supervise field construction activities and to provide on-site management for the construction of Natural Gas (NG) stations, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) handling facilities and other construction related projects.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other technical related discipline.
- 5-10 years of work experience in the Natural Gas industry with at least five (5) years of relevant construction experience.
- Experience supervising crew labor with varying skill types.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and maps.
- Working knowledge of applicable gas industry codes and standards (49 CFR Part 192, 49 CFR Part 193, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8).
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, etc.).
- OSHA 30 and industry safety training.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other technical related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Must have demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, communications and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Capable of multi-tasking numerous projects at once and working within deadlines.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with multi-discipline teams to achieve goals.
- Project management training and experience.
Frequent travel and overnight stays within the continental United States with long term assignments (up to and possibly exceeding 6 months) required.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring all company: Safety, Health, Project Management, and Environmental Policies/Procedures/Standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing, monitoring, and executing the Project Execution Plan throughout the Project Life-Cycle.
- Scheduling and coordinating subcontractors and vendors to conform to project schedules.
- Providing daily updates and reports to the project team.
- Identify out of scope work and assisting the Project Manager in Change Management throughout the Project Life-Cycle.
- Assist the Assistant Project Manager in updating Project Schedules on a weekly basis.
- Tracking and coordination of deliveries at specified times to conform to project schedules.
- Maintaining as-built drawings via Bluebeam.
- Gathering and recording all necessary QA/QC documentation.
This is a medium work position requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping and repetitive motions. The worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, hazards, and atmospheric conditions. The worker may be exposed to blood borne pathogens and will be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
Please send resumes to Sarah Spero at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
Northstar Industries aims to continuously provide equal opportunities throughout employment, extending to the recruitment, training, and development stages of employees. Diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our everyday management and work. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background, and make best use of their capabilities. We are guided by our values in everything we do and recognize that being a diverse company helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for individuals.